Thursday, June 7, 2012

What are you reading this summer?

Dear Fellow Bookies,

I have so many things I want to read this summer. What are you planning to read (other than Joseph Andrews, of course)? Some of the things I've read in the last couple of months are in the list below. Click on the Comments section below, then Post a Comment to tell me what you're reading and I'll add it to the list. If you don't see that option in the upper right, then you are not signed in. If you don't want to sign in or create a new account, just email me what you're reading and any comments you might have and I will post for you.

sps

Here's a partial list of things that I have read recently:

Denial, Jessica Stern
Sacre Bleu, Christopher Moore
11-22-63, Stephen King
The Art of Fielding, Chad Harbach
Defending Jacob, William Landay
The Solitude of Prime Numbers, Paolo Giordano
Runaway, stories by Alice Munro
The Night Circus, Erin Morgenstern
Are You My Mother? Alison Bechdel
The Sense of an Ending, Julian Barnes
The Housekeeper and the Professor, Yoko Ogawa
Await Your Reply, Dan Chaon
Zeitoun, Dave Eggers

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading "The Tragedy of Arthur" by Arthur Phillips and in the car I'm listening to Jonathan Lethem's "Fortress of Solitude." I recently finished Ian McEwen's "On Chesil Beach" and Glen David Gold's "Sunnyside." The latter is a lovely historical novel set between 1916 and 1919, involving Hollywood, the birth of stardom, World War I, and the Russian Revolution.

    --Grant

    ReplyDelete